Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an H&R 45/70 Buffalo Classic. I would like to replace the curved metal butt plate with a good recoil pad. What would be effective and not too hard to install as I have limited gunsmithinng ability. Thanks

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If you have the room, most rifle stocks are too short for me, consider one of the slip on pads that you do not need to remove the metal plate to install.
Cabelas sells a all leather one that has a leather lace to be tied after putting it on the stock. I would think it would look likeit belongs on a Buffalo Classic

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would call the factory and order a new standard stock with recoil pad. or put an add that you want to by one in the NEF/H&R Classified herethey are as about as simple to change as it gets Just a thought.

Bob
P>S> read all the stickys at he top If you have a Question someone here has the ansewer
Welcome Aboard

·
Super Moderator
51,156 Posts
Welcome to GBO hiltonef, as Foggy said, please read the FAQs and Help sticky, BC recoil pads are covered in there. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
183 Posts
Or you could buy one of the Topper Deluxe Classic stocks. They are walnut, the same profile as the BC stock, checkered. and have a recoil pad fitted. I traded one with a member here, and wouldn't trade back at all. They are available from NEF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts