Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may remember the accuracy problem I was having with a friends .308 Ultra (and my 7x57).  I ended up, after many posts and a couple of emails with Tim, with the suggestion I call H&R and see what they would do.  Well, what with deer season coming and all I just got around to doing it.  Short conversation with Gordon, as was also suggested, and he agreed I should send it back to them to look at a re-barreling due to the lateral play.  Mostly writing this as "the other side of the story" to the post on H&R's customer service.  Other then the long wait on hold everything was very pleasant and informative.  Especially since the 308 Ultra in question was made in '95!

BTW, I spent so much time on the 308 I didn't get to finish playing with my 7x57  :-\  But, after attacking the fore end like a beaver cutting poplars I got it shooting within 1.75 inches at 100 yds.... consistently.  Hand load: 140 gr. Rem PSPCL @ 2800 (-).  Unfortunately,  deer season has been a bust this year... so far.  Let me tell ya, I got stories that will make you cry!  ;D

Oh Tim! Scored on some BL(C)-2 while in PA for T'giving. Gonna give the ol' 338/06 a try with that 180 gr. Nosler BT load!

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts