Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H&R SA1-128 Excell Auto 5 12 Gauge Synthetic for $298.xx or Charles Daly Feild Hunter 12/26 synthetic for $294.xx. Prices are from the Wal-Mart page. I would like to have a good cheap semi for the occasional pheasant hunt or similar wing shoot. I know this is a H&R/NEF site and I am as big o' fan as you can find, but I need some honest opinions here from some of you better versed in shotgun-ology than me. :wink:
So what da ya'll think?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have heard that cd shotguns hammersprings get "soft" sometimes causing snapped primers and complete missfires. then i have heard some cd shooters compare there guns to beretta semi autos and prefere the cd......... i have not heard any thing about the h&r semi auto :eek: hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Go with the H&R...it's a very good gun...fit and finish are a little on the rough side...but it functions great and patterns great...and it's a very good buy for the money.Verona's same gun goes for a couple hundred more...

Mac

·
Registered
465 Posts
Only one experiance with the Charles Daly. My goose hunting partner shoots one of the synthetic models. I also bring my Remington 870 and my H&R 10 Gauge that way he has a choice of guns to use when his breaks.

We call it a John Daly gun becuse it works when it wants to and when it does it's pretty good.

This is not a slam of CD guns just what I have seen for myself.

Nixter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts