Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in prior posts that a "H & R Blackpowder Handi-Rifle" was shot & tested. I did a search engine on this rifle, but could only find a "H & R Huntsman" on their website. Is this the same rifle that was tested? Also... the Huntsman offers 209 ignition, but the manufacturer does not state whether 150 grain loads are acceptable. Anybody here with some "know-how" on this subject???

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Triple Se7en said:
I read in prior posts that a "H & R Blackpowder Handi-Rifle" was shot & tested. I did a search engine on this rifle, but could only find a "H & R Huntsman" on their website. Is this the same rifle that was tested? Also... the Huntsman offers 209 ignition, but the manufacturer does not state whether 150 grain loads are acceptable. Anybody here with some "know-how" on this subject???
Triple Se7en,
Yes, NEF Huntsman is the Muzzle Loader in question 1 in 28" twist 50cal.; and 1 in 20" twist in 45 cal. Because it can also be furnished as a shotgun, sluggun, or rifle with appropriate barrels, it is not classified as a black powder gun. I seriously doubt if it will accept 150gr. black powder, (which in my humble opinion is unnecessary) but does use the 209 shotgun primer. At 6 1/2 lbs. it ought to be a real kicker!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts