Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
H&R Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 1995

$460...I agree...he's asking a bit too much for it...that's for sure...but hey...someone will probably buy it...

Mac

·
Registered
769 Posts

$460 for a 280 barrel, pre-Marlin frame, RMEF commerative stock, and a $20 scope?

Until I read the gunsamerica listing, I thought we were talking about a 1996 RMEF in 35 Whelen. (but I think the price is too high for a Whelen too)

·
Premium Member
716 Posts

my 243 has a medalion on the stock, maybe I can trade it straight up for a "non medalioned" 35 Whelen. Anyone???

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts

I thought the RMEF was the only version of the 35 Whelen made by H&R....????

Tim

·
Premium Member
716 Posts

I probably is, I dont know. Im just stirring it a little :lol:

But, if buyers remorse has taken over yet, I can help you out with that cookie-cutter whelen model you got

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts

I'll put ya in my will.....but you'll have to share with Marv and Varminter!!! :-D :-D :-D

Tim :wink:

·
Registered
8,558 Posts

The RMEF came out only in .35 Whelen. Someone changed the barrel on this one to .280. There was a few .35 Whelen guns sold after the RMEF run. I had one. Standard Handi with a .35 barrel. My Dad commendered it after he used it to kill his Moose in 98. He now uses it to hunt whitetail in Tennessee. He says I can have it back after he is done with it.

·
Registered
922 Posts

That gun has been on ther for quite some time.......I remember it being on there last fall. As for the price i have to agree with you all 100%. That's just way too much. The RMEF special did come in the 280 before they produced the 35 whelen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes, Varminter is correct. The RMEF version did come out in the .280 Rem. version, as well as the .35 Whelen. I wanted it when it first came out, I just kept putting it off.

I just bought a the walnut (and checkered) stock, Whitetails Unlilmited edition of the .45/70 and it's a BEAUT! Can't wait to go bruise my shoulder up a bit!

Tommy :shock:

·
Registered
922 Posts

Quick, as for the will.....can i be put in line for the 35 whelen and the 357 max

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Super Moderator
51,195 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts