Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Sad days watching all the old companies dying off.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Maybe we should open this forum up to include Henrys and CVAs. These are current production and are of very good quality.

·
Super Moderator
11,140 Posts
Cha-ching ($$$)!

That's the sound of the asking price for an H&R, which, like inflation, just went up. You can't (or shouldn't) take them with you when you die.

Hold 'em or fold 'em. Either way, they're not making them anymore and the one's we have are ALL THERE ARE or will ever be.

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
602 Posts
Yep. Only going up from here. Just thought the Ebay monster was priced high but gonna get higher. The lowest bid I've seen on a good 45/70 barrel lately is around $300. Can't imagine what the safe queens will jump to now.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I saw a .243 handi for 275. Barrel was dirty and I’ve bought before and under the filth was a rusty bad bore. So. I passed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first gun was a H&R .410. I got it for a gift in 1963. I could take the head off a grouse when I was young and could see. Shot my very first deer, a six point, with that shotgun. That gun is long gone, wish I still had it. I do have a NEF 44 rem mag with a second barrel in 7mm08. The trigger was worked when I had the barrel fitted. I too will keep it and pass it on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts