Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my BC 45-70 for about a year.When I got the rifle the dove tail on the front sight was at a little angle,but I lived with it. Then after 200 rounds started having ftf problems. Called H&R they sent me a return label and I shipped it on Oct.10 got it back today.Less than two weeks. They replaced the barrel, hammer spring, striker/lifter assembly, worked on the trigger.I am one happy hunter, taking my 45-70 opening day. Going to sight her in Thursday. I'm going to use 405 rem. with imr 4198. ;D And the bluing and finish on the new barrel is a lot nicer.

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Good to hear, I've had great service from them myself.

·
Premium Member
9,733 Posts
I've sent a couple of Handis to Illion and they came back quickly and better than new. The workmanship coming out of there now is superb. Just another good reason to own lots of Handis :D ;D :D ;D

I don't know what position Brian56 holds. I do know he made the move from Gardner to Illion . I believe he started at Gardner young and was trained by old time master gunsmiths. The fact is quality and turnaround time are vastly improved. Perhaps Remington has decided to clean up and improve the existing H&R products before they introduce anything new and I think Brian is playing a major role in this upgrade.

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.