Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting an Encore pistol for a while. Wonder if anyone has made a pistol out of a Handi rifle? I know you'd need the tax stamp, etc and cost would be as much as buying the Encore pistol but just wondering if anyone has done it. I'd like to see pics. I think with a thumbhole laminate stock cut down to a pistol grip and a nice lam forend a 444 with 14" barrel would be a formidable contender against an Encore or, er, Contender. :D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too worried about the legalities. That would be covered before starting. Just wondering what it would look like.

·
Registered
139 Posts
He should only need to register the rifle as an SBR.
I've been kindof wanting to do this, actually. Does anyone know if a frame registered as an SBR could also take shortened shotgun barrels?

*edit*

However, it would still be legally considered a "rifle" so it would be necessary to keep that in mind.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Another possibility i didnt think about at first was see if you can buy a receiver from h&r, that would be legal to build a pistol from if it was never a rifle. Same thing might be possible if you could buy one without the stock attached and then write atf for a exemption, note that it never had a stock attached. It would have to have a note from the manufacturer that a stock was never attached though, thats what mossberg does on the pistol grip combo guns.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think a stock like this one of CWlongshots would make a great candidate for a pistol stock...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.