Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted another frame to send in for some barrel fitting so I bought one from the classified. It is an NJ prefixed gun in 223. It has good looking pallet wood and locks up like a vault. I already had a 223 Superlite barrel but I want to keep it sighted in for a general purpose load with a heavy bullet and I want this one to use light fast opening bullets around the house on coyots. I shot one round of Monarch 55 gr. FMJ thru it to see how it ejects. Wow, 15 feet easy. The trigger is even very usable though I may still lighten it. Or leave it alone till I get the barrels I want.

·
Super Moderator
51,491 Posts
As Jerry intimated, H&R has been known to replace trigger parts to get it back up to "their" standards. :-\

Tim

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to completely decide on what cartridge I want. 7-08 is the top contender right now. If anything H&R will probably "upgrade" the trigger it has now to their standards.

·
Super Moderator
51,491 Posts
If it's got a 5lb or little heavier trigger, they won't touch it unless you ask them, if it has a 3lb trigger, they'll make it heavier, at least that's been the practice of the gunsmiths at Gardner, one of which is working in Ilion now.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,491 Posts
Neither, Brian the gunsmith is the only one I know of, there may have been some to move to Madison, but no one committed to saying they would. It may be the reason we get decent information from Madison occasionally when the right person, someone who transferred, is asked the question.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.