Graybeard Outdoors banner

Handis first kill. (More Pics)

3K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  barr25-06 
#1 ·
My 7mm-08 Handi shot it's first deer today.
She was just a 95lb doe but tastes great.

This really makes me feel better about my 7mm-08.

One shot (duh) at about 70yd. Only made it 10yds.
There was a nice entrance and exit with a plane old 140g remington core lokt.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Handis first kill.

Partsman.
Concrats on your first deer with the 7mm-08 Handi. Was this a hand load I sugested? You have one of the finest deer rifles ever. I am going out tomorow and use my 7x57 which is about the same as a 7mm-08. For really H.D service try the 175gr Semi pointed Rem bullet.They are gentle with a a lot of authority. I had planned on using this rifle before but was not to happy with the scope,

Yesterday I bought a new Burris Full Field II 3-9 with the ballistic plex they were on sale here for $235. I know in the US you can buy them for less but
by the time I ship them here insurance and shipping. About the same price.
So now the 7x57 sports a scope I like very much.

#6 ·

Congrats partsman! i got a laugh outa the "one shot (duh)" and it realy didnt occur to me before but now that i look at it, I havent found or heard of a person on this site using the handi and having to use a second shot. I think that that is special in itself. We are truely our own breed! Congrats on that doe buddy! May she feed you and your family through the season!
Hank.

#7 ·

Partsman, Congrats on the doe!
I've heard some very good things about the 7-08, there's some guys around here that love em.
None are handis though, they just like the caliber for deer.

#12 ·

Nice fat doe there Partsman!

I'm still waiting for my chance at a deer with my 7MM-08.

I've taken 4 hogs already and a shot right behind the ear drops them like a rock, but I'm waiting to shoot a deer with it.

I've been passing up some smaller bucks and being choosy waiting for the right one.

We've got a long season down here in Texas, and I don't want to end my season too early since I'm only allowed one buck on the ranch I hunt on.

Does I can take more than one, but they have been skittish and haven't given me an opportunity yet, so we'll see what happens during the holidays!

#13 ·

Thanks guys.
We have a lot of doe around here. Plus they have all been having twins lately.
The state took a buck away and added a doe for my part of the state.
I had been watching the biggest 8 point I have ever seen walk the other side of the fence.
Watched him 3/4 mile away bed down and two doe came up to my blind so i took the bigger one.

Sorry Mac no hand loads through this one yet.
My case length gage is BO from the gun shop.:(

#16 ·

Congrats Partsman,the ol handi did its job.Now go get another one! I got a nice 8 point this morning,the first day of gun season.Now got to wait till tomorrow to go again,I can shoot another buck but I'm going to take a doe as we have too many.

#20 ·
Re: Handis first kill. (Part II added)

Im not gona lie, im getting kinda giddy, getting to see all these pics with yalls handikills this year! LOL! I am excited to get out there and get a kill with one of my handies this year.
Congrats to you partsman! Now you will have a freezer full also! Thats some good eating right there. I tell you what!
Hank.

#24 ·
Nice deer Partsman... I am still waiting to get the first set of antlers with my 25-06 got my doe and saw my buck but i am willing to bet that someone has got him by now. Oh well so is hunting CONGRATS on yours. hard to see em in that sage grass aint it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.