Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about them. Heard about them but haven't seen how they work. Would the hanger bar be in each fore end or is it something attached to the bbl and different fore ends could be attached to by some clip or whatever in the fore end? Have opportunity to purchase fore end with hanger bar and wanted to know before I bought online. My TC's have SN 125121 and 390902 if that makes anydifference. Any help and recommendations for or against appreciated.

Thanks,

papa4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hanger bars for TC

Thank a lot. From the picture it looks like this is for rifle bbl. Is one made with just 1 screw for the shorter 10-12" TC bbls and can these hangers be purchased separately from the fore ends? I have plenty of fore ends. If so, I can just buy the hangers and attach to the bbls.

Thanks,

papa4

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
The hangers bars (a Bullberry innovation) comes in two sizes, based on the screw spacing of your barrels, and mount to these. At about $6 bucks apeice, they are normally left on each barrel once mounted. They in turn mount a forend by just one screw, just off center of the hanger bar. What this means, is that they were set up for Bullberry (and VVCG copied) custom forends. But, they will also work with T/C factory and Pachy forends (the single screw mounted ones) by flipping the bar end for end and rotating it 180 degrees from the way it mounts for the custom wood. The two-screw forends will work as well, but you'd have to locate and drill a new mounting hole in them in the right place. All of my custom barrels wear them - I consider them well worth the dollar spent. HTH

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hanger bars for TC

Thanks. I had no idea if it was sold separately. and was only about six bucks. Can it :D be purchased from VV or Billberry or?? As soon as I find out, I'll just get one for each bbl.

papa4 :D :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Yep, either one. My recommend is Bullberry, and I know he keeps lots of them on hand. If you are buying a lot of them, ask Fred for a quantity discount. He's a great guy - just may give it to you.

Ladobe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hanger bars for TC

Thanks,
Got in touch with Fred and ordered some. Appreciate the help.

papa4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts