Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets all have a safe 4th this year and have a great time!!! Now let's hear those cannons!! From Wes in Burley, Idaho.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
From a rotating Space "Vehicle" moving 1000's of miles a minute we launched a "bullet" in side a "bullet" that fired at another moving "bullet" and it was dead on,think about that.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
HAPPY FOURTH!

I have the flag out and the cannon ready.

It'll fire (repeatedly) this afternoon, when my wife (who had to work today) gets home.

·
Registered
642 Posts
And a huge 4th of July BOOM for everyone out there!! From Blaster[/color]

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I managed to get in a few shots between thunderstorms. Not as many as I would have liked, but not the total washout I had feared. :wink:

I got these images using the video mode of my digital camera. As the air filled with smoke and the sky quickly darkened again, the shots got progressively more dramatic! Timing of the video frames also has a lot to do with it, it seems that the timing on the last was the best! :grin:

Here they are, in chronological order:

Here's a link to the short video from the last shot (WMV format, 356 KB).
Unfortunately there's no sound with this camera: :(

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Idaho received its state hood on July 3rd. 1890. The town of Malta celebrates on the 3rd. therefore we had our fireworks Saturday night.
this year the Fire Dept. made the town move to the High School's football field (much more room). This made for a great opportunity, a three gun salute set off the fire works, and a three gun salute at the completion of the fire works. The muzzle flash at night is allways impresive.

Last week end I went to NAS Whiting Field in Milton Florida to visit my son and his family. I saw some Cannons and Motars in Pensecola, was a good trip.

Wish all a Happy 4th. of July

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ten fingers, 10 toes, ears are ringing and didn't need bail money=an excellent 4th brought out the M-BPFC and one of my larger field cannon that rattled windows plus an assortment of pyrotechnics and my handy Bic lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts