Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you just love a story with a happy ending.................

Dallas - Dallas police say a man in a wheelchair disarmed and fatally shot a home intruder with the intruder's own gun.
The shooting happened just before 3a.m. Friday at the man's apartment in the Village Oaks Apartments in the Fruitdale neighborhood, south of downtown Dallas.
Investigators say the man was able to wrestle the gun away from the intruder and shoot him. The suspected burglar died a short time later at Baylor University Medical Center.
No identities have been released. Police say the case will be submitted to a Dallas County Grand Jury for review, but no charges will be filed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,558 Posts
Was at the VA clinic last week for an appointment. Met an old gentleman that was there to also for an appointment. He was telling me how two young men jumped him as he went left a restaurant going to his truck a couple of days before. They kicked his crutches out from under him so he would fall on the ice. Then one of them bent over to grab him. The old man jammed his crutch with the ice pick end into his throat and twisted. This action ripped the guys throat open, and blood started shooting out. He then swung the other crutch catching the second incoming person in the shin, causing him to fall. Then the old man raised to his knees and proceeded to beat the young man on the ground with his crutch swinging it like a bat. The old man concentrated on the rib area. The young man getting beat rolled out of reach and ran away holding his sides. The first young man ran into the road and was picked up by a car. The Vet then went back inside the restaurant and called the police to report the assault. The first young man was found at the hospital getting his throat fixed. He ratted out the second one. Both were arrested.

After the Vet went down and identified them, the police officer told them they were lucky. "That old man is a Vietnam Vet, a trained killer. He could eat punks like you for lunch". The Vet said he smirked and quietly hobbled away on his crutches.

When I met him at the VA clinic his ego was running high, but his back and shoulders were really hurting him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
JUstice is best served hot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Sourdough said:
Was at the VA clinic last week for an appointment. Met an old gentleman that was there to also for an appointment. He was telling me how two young men jumped him as he went left a restaurant going to his truck a couple of days before. They kicked his crutches out from under him so he would fall on the ice. Then one of them bent over to grab him. The old man jammed his crutch with the ice pick end into his throat and twisted. This action ripped the guys throat open, and blood started shooting out. He then swung the other crutch catching the second incoming person in the shin, causing him to fall. Then the old man raised to his knees and proceeded to beat the young man on the ground with his crutch swinging it like a bat. The old man concentrated on the rib area. The young man getting beat rolled out of reach and ran away holding his sides. The first young man ran into the road and was picked up by a car. The Vet then went back inside the restaurant and called the police to report the assault. The first young man was found at the hospital getting his throat fixed. He ratted out the second one. Both were arrested.

After the Vet went down and identified them, the police officer told them they were lucky. "That old man is a Vietnam Vet, a trained killer. He could eat punks like you for lunch". The Vet said he smirked and quietly hobbled away on his crutches.

When I met him at the VA clinic his ego was running high, but his back and shoulders were really hurting him.
Too bad he could not have killed them. Punks like this that would attack a man on crutches sure as heck will never learn from their actions. We can only hope some one shoots them in their acts of crime. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
billy_56081 said:
JUstice is best served hot!
Well said Billy! Did you guys hear of the gentleman that owns a scrap yard in Dallas? He shot and killed two intruders in the span of 3 weeks. He also lives at his place of business and has reported over 40 attempted break-ins to the Dallas PD. My favorite part of the story is when a reporter for a local news station ambushed him in the parking lot of an Academy store (as he purchased another shotgun) sparked outrage from gun owners and the community at large. She was very condescending and even asked him if he was trigger happy. Needless to say the tv station was flooded with email and phone calls and the reporter was suspended and will probably be let go. As for the gentleman, the police said they did not plan on filing charges as he was within his legal right to defend himself (Castle Doctrine) although it was under review with a Grand Jury. I love when the liberal media is kept in check. It doesn't happen enough, but when it does it sure is nice. Just another "Happy Ending" to share with ya'll. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
Sounds like that reporter was an anti gun crusader. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,142 Posts
ROCKBILLY. Had that man been in NYC or many other libby cities, he would have been arrested for murder. Sad. POWDERMAN. ??? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
powderman said:
ROCKBILLY. Had that man been in NYC or many other libby cities, he would have been arrested for murder. Sad. POWDERMAN. ??? ???
Or some states too! I know when I lived out in WA state for a year I was supprised on how folks who settled issues with guns got by with things that never could have worked in WI or other points back east. One point and not sure if this still is valid as it was over 30 years ago. Back in 76 when I was there I was cutting shake bolts for a family operation that were friends of mine. A bunch of us moved from WI to WA to go to work out there. Back then a lot of theivery was going on as you could put a cord of shake bolts in a pickup truck and get damn near 400 bucks for that wood. More or less depending on the market. Anyway we if the wood was not picked up at the landing we could go and guard it with what ever firearm you had to your disposal. I was friends with the cops in the town I lived in and they offered me a riot gun to borrow if I wanted it when I told them I was going to go and guard our wood. In Wi shooting some one over a woodpile would get you a prison term. Back there then it was no different then guarding thing else that belonged to you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,845 Posts
rockbilly said:
Don't you just love a story with a happy ending.................

Dallas - Dallas police say a man in a wheelchair disarmed and fatally shot a home intruder with the intruder's own gun.
The shooting happened just before 3a.m. Friday at the man's apartment in the Village Oaks Apartments in the Fruitdale neighborhood, south of downtown Dallas.
Investigators say the man was able to wrestle the gun away from the intruder and shoot him. The suspected burglar died a short time later at Baylor University Medical Center.
No identities have been released. Police say the case will be submitted to a Dallas County Grand Jury for review, but no charges will be filed.
Did you also read that the man in the wheelchair was ARRESTED for outstanding warrants?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,992 Posts
SO why tell half the story what were the warrants for?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,845 Posts
Don't remember it was on the local news.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,558 Posts
DEE: Read it in the paper here in Alaska, but no mention of any warrants or subsequent arrest.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,845 Posts
Sourdough said:
DEE: Read it in the paper here in Alaska, but no mention of any warrants or subsequent arrest.
It was a short news clip on local radio. They were unrelated, to the shooting but, I could have misunderstood. It was played down here for the most part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't hear anything about him being arrested for other warrants, regardless, I still applaud him for a job well done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,135 Posts
Well; half the criminals are taken care of..now the law can deal with the remainmder...LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
Nothing better than when criminals kill criminals. Kinda a 2 for one.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top