Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Mini Cutoff saw from Harbor Freight and spent an hour playing with it. It does a fast clean job. Not sure about blade life yet, but spares are cheap enough. Not bad for $30.

I do need to rig a little jig to serve as case stop and mouth support, but they even put the mounting holes in the right place to hold that. Main drawback I have found so far is that it does tend to spit out the piece that's cut off.

It's built a bit light for serious production work, but oughta work fine for us hobbyists.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I got all keen on this possibility, but a quick visit to their site informed me that they refuse to ship to Canada.

Isn't free trade wonderful. :roll:

·
Registered
978 Posts
shipping to Canada

Hi Rick;
If you can not find a friend in the lower states, to ship you one, e-mail me at [email protected] and send me the money and I will. Course I don`t know what the shipping would be. I bought one last week and it was I think 29.95. I would have to go back to my catalog for the price, but It was in that neighbor hood. Im not aware of any export law that says I could`nt for a neighbor.
I just wonder why that can`t ship to you?
Your neighbor
bullet maker :D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the motor overheated when I did about 100 cuts in 15 or 20 minutes. From now on, I'm going to work a little slower and take a break every fifty.

I'm getting great clean cuts with only a couple of thous variation. Blade is still cutting fine after 250 cuts.

I think this gadget is a little light and underpowered for our work. It would be great for an archer who only does a dozen or two cuts at a time. I'm gonna look around to see if anyone makes a better version even if it costs two or three times as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts