Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With scope and a 13 1/2 in barrel, I need a hard pistol case that will accept an overall dimensions of 19 in by 9 inches. Anyone know of a source?
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hard Case For Contender

Hello HeloBill,

The Doskocil Accessory Case (a hard case) will securely hold two scoped Contenders that have up to 15" barrels mounted. I have two of them and they work great. The last one I bought was from a local sporting goods store and was $39.95, they may be a little more than that now. Check Midsouth Shooters Supply online, they're usually fairly competitive.

Javelina

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I have 2 that where made by lakewood. this is what i keep all my contender and barrels. they are a little big but it will handle anything from a up ot a 21 inch barrel and scope with extra barrels. they clame it will float even fully loaded. mine is a woodland camo and love them

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've upgraded to aluminum cases for take-down shotguns, they're something like 13x37, got a good deal at Cabela's. will hold two complete scoped 14" Contenders plus several barrels.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I use the Hoppes cases

I use the Hoppes hard cases to hold two contenders and a couple of accessories and another to hold extra barrels. They also make a similar one for spotting scopes which also works well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use an aluminum case that I bought at Lowe's in the tool box department for around $20. It's large enought to hold my scoped 14" Contender plus 3 more scoped barrels under a layer of foam rubber. I use another one of these cases to carry my spotting scope plus stand, and other range accessories.

Nashcat

·
Registered
112 Posts
Forend

Mr Nashcat,

Where did you come by that forend for the contender in the above picture?

Just curious.

kirk :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Geno has the answer.

Take down shot gun cases will easily hold 2 fully equipped contenders plus 2 extra scoped barrels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
captainkirk

I made the forend myself for the purpose of shooting from sandbags. I used a router table and a tablesaw and then a little work with a Dremel tool. I've made three so far, and it now takes just about an hour, not counting the finish.

Nashcat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts