Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Scorpion Gold PT. If so, how were your results? I am using the 300 grain version with 100 grains of blackhorn and I am getting good results out to 100 yards. Combined with the rib crusher sabot I like the ease of loading but this will be the first year I have tried hunting with them and I am looking for input from anyone who has tried them on game. I am after whitetails here in Ohio.

So far they are a good company to deal with....just looking for someone who has already been down this road with this bullet.

Thanks for the help.

WCB

·
Registered
505 Posts
Best bullet I ever shot out of my Omega, can't help you with the Sidekick, tho...Mama wn't shoot anything but Cheap Shots! Should shoot well, start with 80-90 grains and work up to spreading out. The do expand at 80 grains at 100 yds!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DennyRoark,

Thanks for the input. No shame in cheap shots........they are good bullets :) I dont think $22 for 50 high performance bullets is too bad, its just the shipping that is spendy. I will post if I have any results.......hopefully!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I have never used that particular bullet. In my huntsman I have always used the Harvester 240 gr Scorpion bullets. They were extremely accurate, load easily and I had great results on several deer I shot.

I also like them because I can get them from midsouth 30 for $11.00 which lets me shoot them up at the range for plenty of practice.

I have no doubt that 300 gr Gold PT will not do a great job on deer. I hope to get up to Ohio for the ML season again this year.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts