Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Has anyone smoothed their G2 contender trig

Guess I was lucky, my G2 has a very good trigger......
Me too. Both of mine were fine from the factory.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts

I got to shoot a G-2 in .22lr yesterday. Trigger was very good, like a S&W revolver, but not quite as light as my self tuned Contender trigger.
personally, I want a G-2 not as a light triggered competition gun like my Contender, but as a real field pistol with open sights in .357 with a trigger that is safe for hunting or winter glove use. The G-2 I shot yesterday was perfect for that.

·
Registered
160 Posts

I have done trigger jobs on one G2 and many Encores. They are the same mechanism and can be lightened/ smoothed down to a crisp 22-24 oz. The best information I have seen is from Mike Bellm. He has a CD you can buy for about $15 I think. He may also have some information on his web site. I think he also sells a reduced weight spring for the G2.

They are a bit complicated on the inside and there are a few tricks that help to make the process easier. Unfortunately it would take a lot to describe the process.
Try Mike Bellm's site and see what you can find there. I hope this helps.
Joe

·
Registered
887 Posts

Timothy,
Since you are relatively new here you may be wondering about the astericks, instead of a name. The smith being discussed here indeed has the info as mentioned, even htough I have never done a trigger job myself, I have heard a number of people say the same thing. feel free to contact jcunclejoe or myself if you cannot find the afore mentioned site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts