Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Rem # 11 caps in my NAA Super Companion. They are the ones NAA recommends and work perfect. I found some very old unopened Rem #11s at a sale. They are much bigger than the ones I bought at Bass Pros last year. They just fall off the nipple. The new ones are snug--just right. Same thing with some old CCI #11 that came in the same buy. They are bigger than new CCI. They will not fit in the caper.

Did the standards change at some point? As for age the price on the tin is $1.29. Two brands and 15 sealed tins can't all be miss labeled.

Am I missing something? Thanks. O&G

·
Registered
235 Posts
I done the same thing. I even got a couple of 10.75 they are bigger as well they do fit in my capper but I have to pinch them pretty good so mostly I just capp by hand. I bought two tins of Remington 11s last week haven't tried them yet.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
I will have to check on the size change, if I have old enough caps to compare to. But you say only one year... Interesting. Is there a date code on the container? The only size difference I ever found was that CCI are smaller than Remington, enough to stop me from buying CCI, as I don't want to have two dedicated sizes of nipples...

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
i had bad luck with remington caps
when i first started muzzleloading
30 some-odd years ago and haven't
bought any since. they wouldn't
split right, and were too big and i
always had to pinch them to get
'em to stay on the nipple. i finally
tossed what i had left into the
trinity in frustration. only cci or