Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a .308 survivor rifle ,and have a few questions . anyone know the twist rate and are these supposed to come with a sling?? i noticed it stated on New England's site ''sling'' was included but there wasn't a sling in the box . i bought it new at a local Mc Sports on sale for $219 if anyone is looking for a deal , this is the cheapest price i could find. i would like to know the twist because i do reload and would like to know what grain bullet they like ,anyone have a pet load?? i also have some 7.62x51 south african surplus i that i feed my cetme with ,how would the survivor handle this?? you've got an impressive site here, thanks all !!

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Twist rates and a whole lot more can be found in the FAQs and Help sticky, start there and you'll find lots of answers you don't have questions for.....yet!! ;) Twist rate is 1:10". H&R states in the owner's manual not to shoot ammo that's not made to SAAMI standards, most that try milsurp are disappointed, if you have an ejector barrel, count on it failing to eject, extractor barrels should remove it the spent round tho.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Give H&R a call and let em know you didn't get the sling, they should send you one, their toll free number is in the FAQs.

Tim

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, i've been reading the FAQs , great stuff in there. i'll call H&R

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just emailed h&r about the sling ,had a response in less than 5 minutes that they would ship me 1 out . that's great customer service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts