Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Switzerland,

Before to buy my FA 83, I've read a lot of information about FA in this forum.
And it's like FA, no place for approximation, it's run like a Swiss watch!

And now, one 83 has got his new family and it's time for me to become a member
of this very specialized and attractive forum.

Best regards and Gun4All!!!

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Welcome to the internet home of a great bunch of folks and a few old farts.
Hope your time here is enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Welcome from beautiful upstate New York. I just picked up a nice K31 which turns out to be a great shooter, as least as great as my eyes are capable of! How difficult is it to get a set of target sights for it? They are difficult to find around here, and expensive when you do. Also, what scope mounts are used for them in Switzerland?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,
Thanks you very much for your Welcome!

SHOOTALL: Yes, I'm also hunter but not with handgun, it's completely forbidden here in Switzerland!
Woodchuckhntr: A new Match target sight set is 460 Swiss Francs in a gunshop. I'll take a look for secondhand.

Best regards

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Hello from the great state of Oklahoma, welcome aboard. you are with a great bunch of guys who love to hunt and talk about their guns and to help others when we have problems.
A side note in 1951 when I joined the air force there was a fellow in my outfit that was from your country, a great guy and always fun to be around. we yanks got a big kick of the way he used his fork and knife to eat with, never could master that art :) :). He had also served in the swiss army, any way welcome again.

Deaconllb

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
gun4all said:
Hello,
Thanks you very much for your Welcome!

SHOOTALL: Yes, I'm also hunter but not with handgun, it's completely forbidden here in Switzerland!
Woodchuckhntr: A new Match target sight set is 460 Swiss Francs in a gunshop. I'll take a look for secondhand.

Best regards
Thank you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome aboard. It is a shame so many people are caught up in the misinformation that handguns are only for shooting people. ???Woodchuckhntr: the K31 originally used a side mount scope mount. One of the great things about that rifle is you can use 308 bullets in the 7.5X55 brass. ;D As good as it shoots with its iron sights, I never saw the need for a scope, droped silouetts out to 500 yards standing free hand with no problem other than the weight of the rifle. rawhidekid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts