Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get exact dimensions in about a week after I finish my axle tree, and fit it to the cheek pieces.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have couple of fellows here on the board that do this sort of works, Dominick Carpenter user name Dominick and Mike Elledge use name Zulu. Send them PM's and see what they can do for you.
Thank you.. about to post new pics on my original thread

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have couple of fellows here on the board that do this sort of works, Dominick Carpenter user name Dominick and Mike Elledge use name Zulu. Send them PM's and see what they can do for you.
I think lm good. When l started this project a brought home about 4 feet of steel strapping that came off a shipping crate. Using the hardwood stock the axle tree was made from, a pair of vice grips to bend the strapping around the stock and needle nose pliers to bend l have 2 axle straps.

·
7,154 Posts
How thick is that?

·
7,154 Posts
I generally use 1/8" for half scale guns.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
5.5 scale wouldn't fit in your house. Just sayin'.
Zulu
Then would just need to roll it a few miles up the road to Bill Kochs place where it would fit in his "toy barn" next to his battery of four 12 pound naploleans, and 2 Sherman tanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pictures please. Sounds cool!
Zulu
Was a little interesting when he brought the first Sherman home in that it had to go over a draw bridge. He finally told the bridge operators who were refusing to let the trailered tank go across that he would pay for a new bridge if the tank caused any damage. As for his 4 gun battery, everyone for a few miles around will be hearing those on the fourth of July when he and grandkids open up with them. Have to feel sorry for Bill though, being worth "only" a few billion, he is the poorest of the 4 brothers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts