Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Can anyone ID this cannon? I can post the smaller pics if needed. This was the best overall pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a screenshot from Craigslist. I can go back and screenshot the other images if I need to. Or I can provide the link, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
16,840 Posts
We need as much detail a possible to ID.

Post all the pictures full size,

This could be a historical piece, a contemporary shooter or a yard ornament. With out good clear details and a history it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here is the link. Figured it’d be easier than screenshots.

·
Super Moderator
16,840 Posts
Looks like a contemporary casting scale model of an 1841 6PDR. Some where between 1/4 and 1/5 scale. This is no small gun.

There might be a good gun under all that paint and corrosion. But then there might not be.

Buy it cheap and it might be worth the risk, or just a waste of money

Does it have a barrel liner?

Is there a school in that area that had/has those school colors? This might have been a school cannon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a contemporary casting scale model of an 1841 6PDR. Some where between 1/4 and 1/5 scale. This is no small gun.

There might be a good gun under all that paint and corrosion. But then there might not be.

Buy it cheap and it might be worth the risk, or just a waste of money

Does it have a barrel liner?

Is there a school in that area that had/has those school colors? This might have been a school cannon.
All I know is what is in the link. Doubtful a school gun. This is Alabama and every moron spray paints everything the colors of their favorite football team…hence Auburn blue and orange.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
7,165 Posts
Looks like 2 1/4" bore and 36" bore length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts