Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
James D. Julia retired and sold his business to Morphy. Another Julia relative, Poulen, operated an auction across the driveway from Julia, and they took over the physical facilities that Julia used.
Among the auction places, I hold Julia, Morphy and Poulen in very high esteem for ethical dealings and treatment of customers. There are other good ones, but also some with very mixed reputations. For all, caveat emptor.

That would explain why something about Julia will turn up a Morphy link- all Julia's past sale info is on the Morphy site now.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
James D. Julia retired and sold his business to Morphy. Another Julia relative, Poulen, operated an auction across the driveway from Julia, and they took over the physical facilities that Julia used.
Among the auction places, I hold Julia, Morphy and Poulen in very high esteem for ethical dealings and treatment of customers. There are other good ones, but also some with very mixed reputations. For all, caveat emptor.

That would explain why something about Julia will turn up a Morphy link- all Julia's past sale info is on the Morphy site now.
I respond to as many of the ? Here as possible, when I happen to see them. The only real discouragement is not learning whether the question-poster ever saw the answer (s) posted. : c )

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I respond to as many of the ? Here as possible, when I happen to see them. The only real discouragement is not learning whether the question-poster ever saw the answer (s) posted. : c )
cannonmn,

I have been waiting for you to show up.
I have not seen your opinion on these guns yet.
What say you?
Zulu

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I‘ve seen dozens of salute guns of this exact pattern, most much larger with 3.67” bore. None were marked that I can recall. My personal opinion is that they were made in England. I think they date from mid-19th C. The Army owns a pair on very fancy “lion”cast iron carriages. the pair captured aboard a blockade runner during ACW if memory serves. These were on display at the Watervliet Arsenal museum until it closed several years ago. Saw a mint-condition one, unmounted, at The Baltimore Show 6 years ago, had the best turquoise-color patina I’d ever seen. The idiot from KY who bought it of course immediately removed that priceless patina. : c (. Calls himself the guru of something, maybe the Guru of Dudu?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I‘ve seen dozens of salute guns of this exact pattern, most much larger with 3.67” bore. None were marked that I can recall. My personal opinion is that they were made in England. I think they date from mid-19th C. The Army owns a pair on very fancy “lion”cast iron carriages. the pair captured aboard a blockade runner during ACW if memory serves. These were on display at the Watervliet Arsenal museum until it closed several years ago. Saw a mint-condition one, unmounted, at The Baltimore Show 6 years ago, had the best turquoise-color patina I’d ever seen. The idiot from KY who bought it of course immediately removed that priceless patina. : c (. Calls himself the guru of something, maybe the Guru of Dudu?

Thanks cannonmn.
These two guns will be up for auction on The Magnolia Gardens Auction House FaceBook site on Sunday the 27th July at 4:00 PM. I will post a link as soon as she gets me one.

Zulu

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new friends. I hope you can appreciate that these came from Roy Hofheinz estate. We will auction off on Sunday starting at 4pm. Go to my facebook page at Magnolia Gardens Auction House page and go to events. Like our page..call to register 281 516 7251. Thank you

21 - 29 of 29 Posts