Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Dgrig
All of what MSP said, plus one other thing to remember. Some, mine isn't, Handi's are sensitive to WHERE you rest them on the sandbag. Those that are, like to be rested closer to the receiver. Somewhere between the forend screw and the receiver usually works best.

Really recommend the white box ammo. The Handi's as a group seem to love it. Float the forend to relieve possible pressure on the barrel.

To re-emphasize what MSP said, consistant trigger pull is important on ANY rifle.

You didn't mention if it was synthetic or not but some of the synthetic forends are bad enough to cause real issues with free floating.

Hope we helped some, good luck,

Welcome to GB's. Lots of good help and people here.

· Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Dgrig
You can even try some hard cardboard (not couregated) cut to fit in the recess in the forarm where the lug goes. Just remember to cut out a hole for the lug. If this helps you can experiment with diff materials.

I tried an o ring and it never helped. I ended up using flat hard rubber that press fits into the forend recess and cut a hole for the lug.

I get dime sized groups with this. In my opinion, you just need it to be a spacer to keep the forend off the barrel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.