Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do I get the barrel off, and where's the post on how to fix this please?

EA Brown just said they don't carry locking lugs and I gotta send it to TC. I just got it! Don't want to wait another 6 mo to get it back, and maybe not fixed, or worse 'fixed' so it's not the same.

Be well...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome the club. When my got stuck, i too k the fore end off and tapped out the pin. Jiggled the barrel while squeezing lever. I fixed my barrel by taking a "few" thousandth's off of the locking lugs. I compared the "new barrel" to my factory fitted origanal and made it comparable. Took me 5 times to get it working as smoothly as the original barrel. That has happened only once out of the 30+ barrels I have used. Todd

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. OK, where are instructions on how to take out the 'easy open' trigger group without losing parts and also how to take out lugs and 'hone' them so they work. Specifically, where do I hone the lugs to get them fitted so they lock up tight and still open.

2. This is an old 357 octagonal barrel with the forend screw lug in a different place, so I can't use any of my other forends. Where do I get a forend specific for the octagonal barrels?

Had this gun 3 days and already spent 7 hours 'fixing' it... still can't shoot it yet.

Forget the whining... I'm learning again... supposed to be fun..!!!

Be well...

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Look in the stickies at the top of this forum. There is a post Contender Barrels in a G2 Frame that discusses fitting barrels to frames and has the best drawings of the process that I have seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.