Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the Gonic barrel for my Contender carbine, nice looking barrel, with a stainless steel ramrod (209X.45 set-up). Problem is and it appears to be a major one, as I put the barrel onto the receiver, I noted the hinge pin didn't fit the new barrel. I figured no problem I'll just polish the hinge hole a bit for a better fit. The only problem is, is the barrel won't come off and won't pivot downward, it's stuck big time. Anybody else have this problem with a Gonic barrel? What's the cure? :x Sure went on easy, and without the hinge pin is sloppy, but that puppy just won't come off. RR :?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Search this forum and the TC pistol forum for info on removing stuck barrels. You may have to remove the trigger group from the frame and get to the locking lug(s) (bolt) from the bottom. Detailed info has been posted several times.

Good luck,

MM

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thank ya MM, I'll do just that, thought I was the only one, never had a problem with any of the TC barrels, or the Bulberry barrel I have. RR :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked the search for "stuck barrel" and got about 4000 entries after checking about 300 or so all which had nothing to do with my situation, I e-mailed the person I bought it from. Says to send it to Gonic Arms and they will fit it, no charge, now ya can't beat that, can ya. Also I could remove the trigger assembly and release the locking lug, and get the barrel off, but that wouldn't solve the problem, of the barrel not fitting. RR :-D

·
Registered
90 Posts
happened to me with TC 209x50

I was freaking out, and actually read the instructions. The cure was to tighten down the breach plug. I had to drift out the pin however to get it apart to tighten down the plug. Put it in the freezer for a few hours then used a rawhide mallet and a wooden dowel for a drift.

I got the gun at firesale prices at a gunshown, I'll bet the original owner thhe was doing the dump and run.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tightening down the breech plug tweren't the problem. Anyway I talked to Dale at Gonic Arms, and I sent the whole shebang back to Gonic to be properly fitted. Then I know it'll work. Thanks anyway. RR :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
does Gonic make a .36 caliber ?? contender set up like the 209 ??
how do i get to Gonic's web site ??
[it wont come up]
thanks
buckweet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts