Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help with Price information on lead and old wheel weights

Fellows My wife does estate sales for people and today when I was helping her price things I came across a small metal box of old wheel weights some fishing sinkers that are old 3 oz so I would think pure led as well as some sheets of led that someone has melted and poured may be 2X3 inches and about 1/8 inch think it is soft as I can mark it with my finger nail I am guessing about 5 lbs in all so what would be a good price and still be a good buy when they pay the shipping or even see here at the sale I am sure it will all go in a small flat rate which is 6.00
Thanks for your help.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Re: Help with Price information on lead and old wheel weights

I usually pay about $30 for a 5 gal bucket of wheel weights. They probably weight 250 lbs. I think that works out to $0.12 /lb. for 5 lbs makes $0.60.

It would cost more to ship than its worth.

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
24,008 Posts

I agree with the others. 5 lbs of lead isn't worth the run to the post office. Its worth maybe 5 bucks.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the help guys

Deaconllb

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts

Ol said:
I usually pay about $30 for a 5 gal bucket of wheel weights. They probably weight 250 lbs.
5gal buckets full weighing 250lbs seems double what I get in my buckets. I have carried two buckets full. It wasn't fun, but I can't imagine it was 500lbs.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

Dinny said:
Ol said:
I usually pay about $30 for a 5 gal bucket of wheel weights. They probably weight 250 lbs.
5gal buckets full weighing 250lbs seems double what I get in my buckets. I have carried two buckets full. It wasn't fun, but I can't imagine it was 500lbs.

Thanks, Dinny
Agreed, probably about half that if full.

·
Registered
373 Posts

JustaShooter said:
Dinny said:
Ol said:

Thanks, Dinny
Agreed, probably about half that if full.

And probably half of that by the time you sort out the zinc & steel weights.

You'll be lucky to get 50-60 lbs from a heaping 5 gal bucket. I'm done fooling around with them even if I get them for 10 bucks a bucket, plus they are to hard on my old back.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts

May I recommend that you jump over to Cast Boolets dot Gun Loads dot Com SWAPPIN & SELLIN Forum http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Swappin-amp-Sellin to see what the they are dealing in terms of Unit Pricing for a SFRB of lead. They are wheeling and dealing in lead most of the time and will be an indication of the Market Price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts