Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
barrel is stuck on the frame of my contender. i know someone had the same problem before and someone else here helped them out. what's the cure?

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw a thread on this subject before but it was in the ...

forums and i cant find how to get into them; i figure that graybeard did away with them. i am sure someone will know the solution before long. it sure is nice to have so many willing people to help out at any given moment. i think it is what i like most about the internet; the way folks can use it to help one another.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did and it didnt....

i looked in the old threads page 6 and there she was.... disassemble the trigger and i still had to use a screw driver to pop the hinge plate that keeps the action locked. putting it back together now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:D
You will need to stone or file the bolt down.....or......remove the bolt from your other barrel and put it in the new barrel....that should work..

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it fixed!!!!

all put back together and everything is well in myronland. looking at the locking lug i can see a slight bit of difference. i have another frame coming and will find out if that barrel works on that frame. if it does, i wont need to monkey with a thing. thanks to all who offered help on such a short notice. good night to all!

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will do that..

if i have a problem using that barrel on the other frame. i dont think i will. thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stuck barrel

Sounds like you are putting an old single-lug barrel on a new frame meant for the double-lug barrels, or vica-versa.

??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.