Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Henry mule deer foundation rifle in 45 colt, Beautiful wood has Mule deer foundation engraved in stock. I put a peep sight on it but not really getting groups I like mostly 4-5" at 75yds. Tried several factory and HL's for ammo all about the same, think its just my bad eyes. I hate to put a scope on it its so pretty but was thinking maybe a reflex type small red dot. Question is how much of an improvement is a red dot over peep? Is there any improvement? If you have any pics of one with small scopes or red dots please post so I have a idea what it would look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You could go with a Burris Fast Fire or Vortex Venom micro red dot but red dots in general just look out of place on a lever gun. A Leupold 1.5-4x20 scope is near perfect on lever guns IMO.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I decided to go the compact, low power scope route with my BB 45C all weather. I already had a Weaver V3, 1-3x20 and it fits the rifle like a glove, IMO. A Leupold in 1-4 would also make a great scope for the rifle/cartridge. I own 4-5 of those Leupolds too.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts