Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for those that have a single shot Henry, rifle or shotgun, there's a recall and free upgrade available, I know there are several H&R owners like myself that have them, so I'm putting a notice here.

Tim

The Issue & Fix:
Under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these rifles and shotguns may discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is partially cocked and released. Henry has identified the cause of the issue, and it will be corrected by replacing various components of the fire control system.

Complimentary Upgrade:
Henry Repeating Arms is also implementing a complimentary and unrelated upgrade for all firearms affected by this safety recall. This upgrade involves a replacement of the trigger guard, hammer, and hammer spring. This design change to improve and reduce the trigger pull has already been incorporated into all H015 rifles and shotguns manufactured in 2020, and will be made to your rifle or shotgun free of charge.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
So they may have fixed this model's reputation for unnecessarily heavy trigger pulls?? This sole reason has stopped me from buying a 30/30....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do not bet the farm that Henry will fix the awful trigger pull on their 015 single shot rifles.

When I bought my Henry, I noticed that the trigger pull was extremely heavy.
I contacted Henry arms, & the person I spoke with said thats the way they make em. No satisfaction from the Henry folks.

After several forum posts on the heavy trigger Henrys & how to fix it by changing. Springs, I followed the posted instructions, & ended up with a 3.5 pound trigger pull.

Since the announced recall, I contacted Henry & said send me the parts that need replacing and I will do the work.

Today, I received a message from Henry's 'Communications Director' saying that they cannot/will not send me the parts for 'safety and legal' reasons. Sounds like the same reason they had the heavy trigger in the first place.

My trust in Henry firearms is not much. I think their firearms look good, but manufacturing quality & customer service/support appear to be lacking.

I do not believe I will purchase another Henry firearm.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I saw a post yesterday where a guy has a new manufacture H015 which has the upgraded parts and his trigger pull is 6.5 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New mfr with upgrade is after July 1, 2020, that one had a mfr date of 2/20.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wonder why his has only one spring? Maybe Henry slipped up???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts