Graybeard Outdoors banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
51,047 Posts
They've had blued 44mags in stock in the last couple weeks as well, but they don't last long.

Tim

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
They've had blued 44mags in stock in the last couple weeks as well, but they don't last long.

Tim
Cabelas had a 45/70 last night and I started to order it, but I decided to wait and see if they come out with a 30/30 or 35.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my Henry 45-70 single shot new, I took the inner spring out, put a small piece of rubber between the hammer and firing pin and for three nights with a pair of gloves on I cocked and fired about 400 times. I was told the more you shoot, the trigger weight will come down. Sounds like a lot of work but it did come down from 7 pounds to about 5 1/2 pounds using a trigger gauge.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Bought my Henry 45-70 single shot new, I took the inner spring out, put a small piece of rubber between the hammer and firing pin and for three nights with a pair of gloves on I cocked and fired about 400 times. I was told the more you shoot, the trigger weight will come down. Sounds like a lot of work but it did come down from 7 pounds to about 5 1/2 pounds using a trigger gauge.
What "inner spring" are you referring to? I don't have one of these, so I'm trying to imagine the process.

·
Super Moderator
51,047 Posts
101 - 105 of 105 Posts