Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
24,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys it's only a web site. But I've always been interested in Mars. It's all Earth has as any kind of a lifeboat.
The Martian chronicles . Sure there aren't Martians there. But if there were, they might be us.

·
24,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do wish I could go there. It's a pretty quiet neighborhood compared to the earth. I don't think some Martian
punks are going to be breaking into your house( or HAB) and be stealing things lol.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
That's odd. All I said was Mars doesn't look like much of a lifeboat to me. No breathable air, no food, no readily available water and no radiation protection. We could solve ANY problem here on Earth much easier and cheaply than anything we could do on Mars.

·
24,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's odd. All I said was Mars doesn't look like much of a lifeboat to me. No breathable air, no food, no readily available water and no radiation protection. We could solve ANY problem here on Earth much easier and cheaply than anything we could do on Mars.
I saw that but only for a moment. And I responded that it was much better than the moon.

·
24,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't plan on going to the moon anytime soon either.
The moon is a meteor magnet, even little ones that could easily puncher the skin of a HAB.
Any surface structures built on the moon are eventually going to run into this problem.

·
24,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If earths last days are not short, mankind will solve problems they way it always has, disease and war will kill of a few tens of millions and the survivors will take it from there.
Mankind is the only species who could take the steps to prevent its own natural extinction. Meteors might pose
a problem,Australia just witnessed a big one. But it blew up in the atmosphere over the ocean. But it sure did
put on a light show.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mankind is the only species who could take the steps to prevent its own natural extinction. Meteors might pose
a problem,Australia just witnessed a big one. But it blew up in the atmosphere over the ocean. But it sure did
put on a light show.

There's some things we just can defend against. Just because we made it this far doesn't mean we're always going to make it, not that we're not going to keep trying though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts