Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just over to the hardware store and they have 2 Hi Points for sale: a 9 mm and a .45 ACP, for $129 and $199 respectively.

Any comments on the guns? Seems like low prices to me even if they are only used as stash guns.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Come on now Deputy, are they really that good? I've heard them touted as a "Poor Man's SIG" You're not the distribitor are you???
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
93 Posts
hipoint

I have never shot a hipoint but there is something kind of yuck about a pistol that doesn't shoot from a locked breech, just uses an extra heavy slide weight to function. Ok in a 22 or some 380's I guess. They have a great warranty though-permanent repair forever no matter how many times it changes hands. Too ugly though.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys. Kind of looks like that is the reason for the price being so low. You get what you pay for in life!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just wanted to say that i agree that there to bulky to cary,, but as for being reliable, a freind of mine bought one at the gun show over a year ago just to have fun with,,,,,he wanted to see if it was worth a ****, for the price! and i have to say that that gun shoots every time you pull the triger! no problems at all, i wouldnt want it for caring or home defence. but for a cheap plinking gun it did the trick, but it was in the 9mm not the 45,

if you want a cheap gun to have fun, than its ok. but i wouldnt put my life on the line with it, they have a warenty for it but that dosnt help when your life is on the line..and it sudenly decides to quit!

:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
I"ve got a friend who has .45 hi-point He got in a trade as boot ( $80) it was well used when he got it and it has been shot thousands of times!
We always seem to take it to the range w/ the cheapest fodder that can be found a blast the heck out of it . ! It looks almost as ugly as me and its alot tougher! IT may blow all to h-- tomarrow but a fella could N"t complain!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bulky, heavy, ugly but the 9's and .45's I have shoot anything I feed them with complete reliability, and I load some pretty hot loads. There's a reason they can give that "forever" warranty - they don't often get one back. Also, they're made in the U. S. That matters to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts