Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
is good space saver. how did you lock the top clamp?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put the top clamp in upside down so it will not slide down. Then drilled and tapped 1/4"hole with 20 TPI in top clamp. Screwed in a thread knob to keep top clamp from moving when set in place for viewing. Added a extension so the scope clears the pipe. Need it longer just buy a longer piece of pipe. I used 1/2" pipe because it was laying around in my wood shop. Cost to me zero. I'm cheap just ask my wife. I took the ball head off of the travel Manfroto and used it. ;D

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
Good Idea NO I havent!

I usually use a full size tri pod. Just last night I hit the range quick before sunset... I used a tiny table top tri pod.. what a PIA, never again...

CW

·
24,003 Posts
I like it. A guy could do something similar with one of those cheap carpenters clamps. It wouldn't be rock solid like yours but id bet it would work just fine. Makes me even think about doing something like that with an old 16x rifle scope I have and just leaving it on the bench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.