Graybeard Outdoors banner

Do you prefer Pigskin or Calfskin as a Holser Linning?

• A. Pigskin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Calfskin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Howdy Pards!
This Question is not directed at the Holster Makers, But at the Holster Users! I'm lookin for opinions on what your favorite Holster lining material is,
A. Pigskin
B. Calfskin
Thanks Pards!
Yer'Migo!
"Big Ed"

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I only bought mine from you cause you were using pig. Course now I have more and better reasons. Like good work and fair prices

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey, Big One, forgot to ask. Did you get the Mossberg chokes yet? Also, I know I like the pigskin you use but these are the only lined holsters I've ever had. Never even thought about it when I made my stuff years ago. I had enough trouble hand stitching what I was using. What is the main difference with calfskin?

·
Registered
111 Posts
holster linings

I have had so many holsters over the last twenty years that my wife once told me, "no more new brought into this house holsters." That was during my law enforcement career. (When I buy new holsters now I put em in the garage 8) )

Now I fancy my mission in life is to shoot in CAS matches as my "full-time" job. I currently have unlined holsters but only because of my retired financial status. (and the wifes edict) :eek:

Over the years pigskin seemed like it was longer lasting, and dosen't abrade, tear or scuff nearly as quick as calfskin. Pigskin always seemed to be "Slicker" on the draw as well. Last, pigskin seemed to show less holster wear on the guns.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
lining

Can't think of the last time I saw a lined holster....1950 something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts