Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to build a home defense shotgun but the only thing I have to work with is an old JC Higgins Model 20. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket parts for this old gun? I really only want a pistol grip and maybe a magazine extension. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You'll most likely come out ahead if you buy a new one already set up the way you want it. Mossbergs and Rem 870s are cheap and plentiful, and you can get them any way you want.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Second

I second Nobade's motion...and would lean toward the 870. You could also keep your eye out for used police shotguns. I picked up a pretty cool Ithaca 37 that still had the brass plate on the pistol grip with the agency assigned number on it for a song & dance once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I own an 870 but have been using it to shoot clays and to be my all around shotgun. I am still kicking myself for not buying an 870 pump on 20 gauge that I saw at a show for $115 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, for some unknown reason, in the area of Ohio that I live in, used shotguns are almost more expensive than used. I have not seen any police turn-ins. I hit the gun shows at least every other month so I do keep an eye out. Thanks for the recomendation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts