Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 honda big red with just 200 miles on it. I have used it only to pull deer out of the woods. It run like new, has oil changed each season and has only need a new battery. My wife is now concerned that it is a 3 wheeler, do they make a coversion to make it a 4 wheeler ? I sure do not want to buy a new one.... :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've heard rumours over the years of a conversion but have never seen one. but why mess up a good thing. if you've ridden it this long , you obviously know it's limitations.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Think so

I have also heard of a conversion kit, but it was long ago when they stopped selling 3 wheelers. Not sure how good they were, and bet it wouldn't be cheap or easy to make it work right. Only 200 miles? Thats amazing, and I bet you could sell that thing for a decent price if you decided to in order to buy a 4 wheeler. Those sure were popular back in their day and I still see a few in the beds of pickup trucks these days.
markc :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you do sell that BIG RED,dont let it go for a nickle less than $1200 or maybe $1500. Deer hunters around here, cant get enough of them.

·
23,974 Posts
If you do sell that BIG RED,dont let it go for a nickle less than $1200 or maybe $1500. Deer hunters around here, cant get enough of them. Especially the ones that had rear suspension.
with that low of miles its easily worth 2k.Especially the ones that had rear suspension.Personaly i wouldnt dream of trying to make it into something. Big reds were the typical tippy 3 wheeler like my old yamahas. Dad had two and i dont think he ever tipped them over and me? Well ive tipped over 4 wheelers more times that i have fingers and toes. Dad stil has a big red out to camp and its the bike everyone grabs when they want to get off the trail and go through the trees. Its got untold miles on it and gets road hard and put away wet and will sit all winter and come spring pop off like you just road it a half an hour ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 1983 Honda 185S ATC that a neighbor couldn't get running. I fixed it up intending to use it for deer hunting, but it doesn't go in the snow very well at all. :/ Winter Freezing Snow Automotive tire Geological phenomenon

·
Registered
226 Posts
A neighbor has a Honda recon 250..
It's just a two wheel drive with electric shift.
When all the neighborhood is out cruising around..
Everyone wants to ride that little 250.
Nimble quick..and super fun to ride.handles great eazy too steer.
It's the go to machine if there's timber to navigate.
It'll go places that our bigger machines won't go.
I'd never get rid of that three wheeler.
Keep it handy.. maybe buy a recon?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.