Graybeard Outdoors banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I named myself. I joined a computer oriented forum where a lot of guys wrote of overclocking. Not so inclined to do such a thing and because I can be a bit slow at times, I named myself Underclocked.

Take note - there is an L in that name. 😀

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I consider percussion caps a suspect innovation and doubt they will last. Got into a frying pan match in the rain, took second place, and won... wait for it... a box of percussion caps. Not sure how many I am supposed to load into the pan and still get the frizzen to close.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I consider percussion caps a suspect innovation and doubt they will last. Got into a frying pan match in the rain, took second place, and won... wait for it... a box of percussion caps. Not sure how many I am supposed to load into the pan and still get the frizzen to close.

They call me flintlock hunter on some forums, but I can't be sure how many it might take.......by the way, what's a percussion cap? Does it come in blaze orange or camo?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Good to see another Mountaineer on here.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I have a rather prominent, pointy proboscis. In High School I asked my Mom (our family barber) for a flat top. She looked kind of conservative about it but granted my wishes. The next day we were shooting baskets after school and when I made a lay up one of the guys called out "look at Kees, he looks like one hawk!" It immediately became my nickname and I have carried it proudly for 60 years. Then in 2000 I signed into the MLML site where they wanted a moniker. Another guy was already calling himself Hawk; since I lived in Alaska at the time, and folks equate that state with Winter, I became Winter Hawk. I have used that handle ever since.

~WH~

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I signed up years ago , I used fast*eddie as my name . Tried to log in several times with my previous information and it wouldn't work . Tried to get password recovered several times but never got the reset email . Sooooo , I signed up as sloweddie .

·
Administrator
26,191 Posts
Eddie, PM me your new e-mail address. If it's same as this new account I'll have to change the new account e-mail address so it can be used on old account. After I change it I think I can have the server send you a password reset e-mail. I can't do many of the things on this software I could/can on the old software. We still use the old software on the gbo reloaded site at www.gboreloaded.com

·
Registered
559 Posts
As a kid, couldn't decide whether I wanted to fix guns, or locks, was studying both. By 12 or 13, I was taking bolts, chucking them in an electric hand drill, clamping that in a bench vise, locking the trigger on, and shaping parts with files. Even tried hardening some with a propane torch and can of oil. Didn't know about high carbon steel, so nothing happened.
Did my first trigger job an a S&W model 10 at 17. That was 37yrs ago. Was pursuing an apprenticeship to a local Smith out of hs, he told me his next apprentice would know machining. Went to local college, took some courses, went back, Smith said he was retiring.
Went to work as a machinist, did it 20+yrs. But I gunsmithed on the side off and on the whole time. Started working part time in a shop the last 3yrs I machined, then quit that and went full time smithing. Did that 10yrs, until the owner retired, closed the shop. That was 4yrs ago.
Done a few other things here and there.

I been using this name everywhere for around 15-20yrs, so far have not run into an exact duplicate.

·
1,880 Posts
I live in Western NY State and like to hunt whitetail deer...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 63 Posts