Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is usually a busy time of year for anglers getting ready for another season on the water. Cleaning equipment, repairing boats, and building spinnerbaits and jigs. Are any of you lure builders? What do you build? Jigs, spinnerbaits, hard baits, or maybe handpoured worms? I build a few spinnerbaits and some jigs, but mostly spend my time repairing reels. Still, its does give you some satisfaction knowing you caught fish on something you built and designed.

Skipper

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Skipper,

Ever since the Hawaiian Wiggler in-line spinner was discontinued I was forced to make my own. I believe I came up with a improved model that tracks better and is almost totally weedless. I make them in three sizes to cover the size of bait during the year. A 1/8 oz. to start off the spring and a 1/4 oz. for late spring and early summer. Lastly a 1/2 oz. for late summer and early fall. I also make my own top water Pop-R type lures and prop baits. Your right about the satisfaction end but the real fun is when someone asks you what you caught them on you get to show them something they can't buy. It' gets even better when your lure seems to be the only one working that day. Lawdog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts