Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a question.

Since I have started hunting a few years back i have bought about 7 rifles, and like them all, can't seem to sell any. Now I'm on a bow kick and want another, for no good reason. The one I have shoots well and I will keep using it, just have the urge to buy one a little different.

Here is the question for you hardcore bow hunters................how many bows do you own?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,748 Posts
nealglen37 said:
Hey guys I have a question.

Since I have started hunting a few years back i have bought about 7 rifles, and like them all, can't seem to sell any. Now I'm on a bow kick and want another, for no good reason. The one I have shoots well and I will keep using it, just have the urge to buy one a little different.

Here is the question for you hardcore bow hunters................how many bows do you own?

thanks
I have only one, I have thought about a second as a back up, but it would have to be an exact duplicate of the one I have. I just do not like the idea of having 2 different set ups. I have a Mathews Legacy and it is a great bow. I bought a Mathews Q2LX for my son, but he has yet to take it out bow hunting. I think he lacks the patients for bow hunting. I am hoping in time he will change his mind. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have three.

a darton compound, a martin mamba 55# recurve, and a pse take down recurve.

the compound i dont use a ton anymore as im getting more and more into traditional. but i do shoot it at the range with buddies and on 3d games etc. i use the martin recurve for hunting pretty much exclusively. i just bought the pse coyote 45# for the sole purpose of shooting longer hours at the range. i may use it turkey season next year.

i used to get the itch to go out n buy another compound every year untli two years ago. i was gonna make the leap and get a renegade archer t4. i went and shot all of their models and thought i love these bows...but 450.00 is alot of cabbage......when my current setup has brought home every deer ive even pulled back on..(yeah ive been lucky and fortunate).....so i took my darton into my proshop and had it retuned...put on a new rest, new stabilizer, new sites, and dang if it didnt cost me only 100 bucks. and i felt pretty good about it. im sure ill buy another bow....but its gonna be a longbow.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
2 bows. One old PSE Fire Flight Express for a back up on trips and my new mainstay, Hoyt X-Tec, that I wouldn't trade for anything on the market. Always have an old bow for a backup. They are not like guns, the loose there value quicker than a condom on prom night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts