Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see what our forum is doing in these area.
I'll start--sadly I only get to shoot one match a month; maybe do one practice session. Life is hard, but then I still have a job

·
Registered
114 Posts
How often do you practice; how often do you

:D You mean they're not the same thing?? :)

I try to shoot 2 matches a month. THe only place around here to practice is an indoor range. I usually try to go once a week, but it's not the same. They don't allow "rapid fire" you can't shoot shotgun, and the range is only 25 yards long so the rifle shooting is only so so.

14 Posts

I shoot 2-4 matches a mont and get to the range 2-4 times a month. Overall I shoot CAS 6 times a month either in a mtach or a bunch of us getting together to practice.

CLF :grin:

·
Registered
132 Posts

I usually shoot 4 matches per month and a live practice. They I try to dry parctice about 1 to 2 times per week.

Pete

·
Registered
84 Posts

I shoot 2 matches a month every other weekend and try to practice the other weekends.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Heyya

I dry-fire all my main match firearms twice a week. Practice loadin the shotgun, and making the transitions from one pistol to the second pistol, to the shotgun to the rifle. Practice with the long guns staged horizontal, and vertical as well.

I do not have any place to shoot live rounds at a stage mock up. All my live fire practice so to speak is at the matches I shoot. I have been shooting at least three matches a month and sometimes four.

·
Registered
110 Posts

2 matches a month, 2 practice sessions a week. I am retired and it is my only form of recreation.

Lone

·
Registered
60 Posts

I practice about once a month - with different guns (not just CAS). And I usually get to one CAS match a month. 6 Kids and cart building keeps me busy most of the time. Lookin' forward to fishin' and shootin' as my retirement agenda.

·
Registered
188 Posts

So now ya tell me, I'm sposed ta practice, next ya gonna tell me practice makes perfect, ya ya I get it.

Seriously I try to shoot two matches a month, I'm fortunate, and blessed, enough to have my own range, and my own steel portable targets, that take me about 15 minutes to set up two stages, which for practice is quite sufficient.

I've been heavy into getting my front loaders to shoot he ultimate group, so I haven't been practicing with my CAS guns. I'm retired, and also do my share of fishing. Man I love this country. RR :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts