Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Is there one person connected to Wall Street/Washington who is not corrupt? I seriously doubt it!

GREED - and that's spelled E..V..I..L.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We cannot serve two masters, many make "mammon", (money) their's and when I find myself thinking I cannot do this or that which He may be asking me to do because of money, I have made it my god as I have forgotten our Father in heaven is the provider.
The passage we each need to cross on that day appointed for each of us, is narrow.
Our small towns in my state have suffered tremendously from this greed.
THOUSANDS of lives, perhaps millions have been impacted by this, I hope President Trump is on this as well, as it appears Sydney, Nebraska's own state representative was bought.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, the pattern seems to be plunder any and all you can plunder for your own greed and
too heck with the impact on anyone's lives.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Amazon and on-line sales in general have out-competed brick and mortar stores for many products. Difficult to ship items like kayaks, firearms, ammo, bikes are less attractive on-line purchases and offer storefronts an advantage. BUT most stores rely on high volume products to make payroll and, I agree that price seems to be trumping quality.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We Americans feed the flames by buying into "cheap-cheap", buying only on basis of price.
best wishes

·
23,845 Posts
Back 20 years or so ago, when I was running my own trucks, Linda and I, would stop in at Sidney, and shop.
Me, things like shotgun barrels, reloading supplies, ect.., while Linda went for the clothes.

UNTIL! She realized how cheaply they were made.
Buttons falling off, seams coming unsewn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts