Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the rear sight and don't know what the heck I'm doing. I checked the FAQ and did a search, but didn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

PS planning on taking my 8 and 10 year old boys squirrel hunting on Sunday. They each have Handi 20 ga, and I'll be using a 22 mag ultra. It'll be a Handi kinda day! My 3 yr old daughter is wanting to go to, but she has to wait another year. I start taking them to the gun range at 4 yrs old. But she does have her first rifle picked out. Unfortunately not a Handi, the local shop has a pink laminate and stainless Chipmonk in stock.

·
Super Moderator
51,154 Posts
There are several different sights available on H&R/NEF firearms, some are mounted in dovetails, others are screw mounted. If it's one of the proprietary barrel sights that uses a hinged elevator with a screw that you turn to adjust it up and down, you have to remove the adjustment screw and knock the roll pin out that the elevator hinges on, the mounting screws are under it. Don't loose the spring under the elevator. :eek:

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts