Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Benchmade Contego CPM-M4 steel, RC 62-64. I emailed Benchmade to inquire about the angle their blades are ground to and was told (prompt reply) they use 15 - 17 degrees (30-34 inclusive). I assume that the 30 degree setting on my Spyderco Sharpmaker will do the trick if I ever need to touch up the blade (RC 62 - 64 !!!). What do any of you Benchmade owners use?

·
11,227 Posts
Cardboard sharpening wheel on my bench grinder. I rarely spend more than a minute using it.

Thanks, Dinny

·
23,845 Posts
A Benchmade has been my everyday carry for about 20 years.
I've actually never looked at recommended sharpening angles, but I've been puttin a razor edge on all my knives the same way for about 60 years.
Benchmade makes a helluva knife.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mine is starting to look like an ice pick after 20+ years of EDC. I've used all kinds of things to sharpen mine, from arkansas stones, to diamond, to a work sharp system. All gave my blade a decent utility edge, but boxes are murder on an edge. I may have to return to Benchmade for a new blade, but will have to go through a dealer as it's an auto and they don't ship to private citizens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts