Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Bvr food !! Dont know your location and what the bvr food is in your area. But Popular or aspen is a favorite and some other trees... Without knowing your area , hard to help.. You could use castor with trap on land or put a box type trap with two open ends and put in bvr runs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in eastern wash state , I have a box trap that only opens on one end. Is bark the only thing I can use for bait? I have some castor that I put in too, I don't know much about trapping, almost nothing in fact, Appreciate your input and any help you can give, As I said these things are ruining my property,

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
When I have had to cage beaver,I made a castor mound in the back of the cage and used castor based lure on it--worked fine every time,and even took an otter.
Tom

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ditto on what Boggy mentioned on castor and cage traps. There are some special made cage traps for using in bvr runs or blind sets. If your interested, note on here and i will look it up.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Barber,if you look at the bottom of my messages on here--you will see some of the the things I carry and how to reach me.You can also send me a private message. Got a couple more conventions to attend,so if I do not reply to a pm right away--I will get back to you when I return.
Real glad the convention season is almost over,it wears a guy down.
Richard,I will call you Wednesday morning.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Glad you got through using your wifes phone. Can't tell you why you got that response from an operator,as calls came through over the weekend and today.
Guess there are things that will always remain a mystery.
Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.