Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures are worth 1000 words. I've posted this picture enough times now that I'm almost tired of seeing it..... almost.

Deer season can't get here soon enough so I can take some new pictures!!!

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Hoosier Hunters,
Here's our place to post our success stories and their PICS.

Rule #1 It didn't happen if you don't have a picture to prove it. ;) ;D

Last pic is the next deer I am after(ignore the timestamp). Who knows if I'll ever see him again though. ;)

Thanks, Dinny

This one from Germany!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Here is 2 of our Southern Indiana deer. Mine was taken last year 2008 with an Ultra Slug 20, home by 730am. #2 is my 13 year old Daughter, hers was taken in 2003. Her first deer, with the anemic 410 15 yards.

The third pict is my 2008, and the 4th is my 2001. When you lay these 2 next to each other they look like twins. The 2011 buck is a hair darker and a bit thicker and curled a touch more. Oh yeah taken out of the same field :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Re: Hunting Pics+Trailcam pics

Here are some more of our Trailcam pictures. Unfortunately one of my cameras was stolen from a good spot to capture deer otherwise I would have more pics to share. Enjoy sharing these pics, especially with the kids. My 8 nephews are in training. I was teaching them what all the animals are and before I knew it they were catching little animals in the pics that I didn't see.

Thanks, Dinny

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Success

Finally, success!!
I shot this small racked 7 pointer this morning. I would like to send out a special thanks to Lonny (Lon371) for his assistance in finding this bullet-proof deer. ;) He didn't want to die and ran off a ways and I couldn't find any blood to trail him. Lonny called in his boss and his son, who were in the "neighborhood", to help me find the deer. They found it within 20 minutes and helped me drag it out. We will all sleep very well this evening. ;) I had to hold the right antler on after he crashed and broke it off along with a small chunk of his skull.

BTW, my wife doesn't like hunting all that much, it really burned her up having our young daughter up there so close to it. ;D Oh well, she'll get over it, I hope. ::)

Good luck hunting and Happy Holidays.

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
WTG Dinny!!! Nice Buck, and the new baby is just darling.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hey Fellas..
I harvested these deer in Pennsylvania in 2004. I had the opportunity to hunt in the southwestern part of the state for about 4 years. They hunt on round bales out in the fields on this farm. The deer come out of the bottoms and cross the fields. I was using a 30-06 with a 165gr Hornady ballistic tip bullet. I shot the buck when he stepped out of the woods at 265yds. I shot the doe at 350 yds. It was a great hunting experience with a good friend. Memories for life that make you smile.

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Nice deer! I would be proud to have that buck on my wall. :)

Thanks for posting your pics.

Dinny

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Here is a 10 pointer that I killed in Nov 09. Harvested with an H&R 20 gauge slug gun. I live and hunt in Southeastern Indiana.

Sorry for the bad Cell pic. :)

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Nice deer! There are some nice deer in your area, I have hunted in Vevay before, many years ago.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Nice! Especially that wide-racked bruiser all the way to the right.

Thanks, Dinny

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: High Adventure Ranch in Missouri, 5/2010

This is my Corsican Ram I took with my T/C Encore .50 MZ at the High Adventure Ranch last year. I enjoyed the entire trip from beginning to end!

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Rick,
There's something spooky about how that Elk is looking right at me. ??? ;D Other than that, I like the pics! Good shooting and good hunting!

Thanks, Dinny

1 - 20 of 27 Posts