Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. New to the community but not to H&R or Nef. I recently purchased a Huntsman 50 cal barrel with the extendable ramrod. This barrel has the screw type holder for the forearm. I want to adapt it to either the sb1 or sb2 frame but can't figure out which forearm I need. I am also considering adapting this barrel from the original primer carrier to the 209 nipple. Anybody got any information that would help?

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
The forearm for the muzzle barrel is one made for a muzzle loader,it has a channel cut in it for the ram rod,and a metal retainer to hold the ram rod in. The forearm will fit sb1 or sb2 receiver. You maybe able to take a regular forearm and cut the channel and put a metal retainer in it,if you cannot find one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zeak. I have checked Numrich's gun parts and found 3 different versions 2 of which don't show the hole for the barrel retaining screw on the schematic. Schematic isn't real good on the pictures. The one with the screw hole doesn't appear to have the rod channel cut into it. Was wondering if anybody had done this and what they did to get everything to fit.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Modifying a standard forearm works fine. We switched the original black stock set to a camo pattern set on my sons' Huntsman.. I opened the camo forearm for the ramrod in my mill. Looks factory, without the casting marks. Could have been done by hand as well but the mill was quicker and I had the proper ball end mill cutter on hand. I use the original black set on a different frame and various shotgun and rifle barrels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modifying a standard forearm works fine. We switched the original black stock set to a camo pattern set on my sons' Huntsman.. I opened the camo forearm for the ramrod in my mill. Looks factory, without the casting marks. Could have been done by hand as well but the mill was quicker and I had the proper ball end mill cutter on hand. I use the original black set on a different frame and various shotgun and rifle barrels.
Thanks for the info. I have the wood set that I removed from a Handi rifle but would rather find a different set to modify. It has a nice looking grain and finish and I'd rather keep it original however it would make for a nice looking muzzleloader. Hmm.... decisions decisions. I'm also wondering about a synthetic forearm to do this project with.

·
Super Moderator
51,331 Posts
Forum search works well! (y)

Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Links or references to the H&R website are pretty much a dead end as far as ordering parts. Guess I'll just continue to shop e-bay and other gun parts sites but I do appreciate the info on what has worked for others.

·
Super Moderator
51,331 Posts
I don't know if anyone has ordered from H&R since Remington/H&R/Marlin were sold recently, but H&R still answers the phone in Madison (866-776-9292), I've ordered lots of parts from them including a synthetic Huntsman forend, many part numbers are listed in the FAQs sticky.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
51,331 Posts
Stickies are called that because they're stuck near the top of the forum page in their own section, there's an FAQs (or link) near the top of each H&R discussion form. ;)

Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts