Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
I'd like a copy too please, I can add it to the FAQs and make a sticky for it, I'll PM my email. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Jeff in the past the fee for a manual was like your first born but in todays economy it's just to hard to feed'em all ;D so mostly thank you's and pass it on to the next guy who's looking is payment in full :) Kurt

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Thanks, it's attached below, I also attached it to your first reply so folks won't email you forever!! Just click it to download. ;)

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
jeff said:
Thank you Mike, you have been a great help.

Jeff
I second that! It's great to have guys that are so willing to help. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
As stated, the loads for the Huntsman Manual dated 2/02 has these recommended loads. This came with my 2003 Huntsman. Also remember that there was only a 24" barrel in 2002 and 2003. Disregard the .45 caliber information, it never was released, and this load information should not be used with the old 70's era .45 caliber Huntsman.

The Sidekick Manual dated 4/04 has these recommended loads. Both my 2004 NEF Sidekick (7/8" breech plug, 24" barrel) and 2008 H&R Sidekick (5/8" breech plug, 26" barrel) use this same Manual.

I do not have a post 2/02 Huntsman Manual, so I do not know if they changed them as well as the Sidekick, but I have read before that they did. Just make sure, and if someone has a Huntsman manual dated after 2/02, please reply. The Sidekick was introduced in 2004 with 24" and 26" barrels. The 7/8" breech plug was used from 2002-2004, the 5/8" breech plug was introduced in 2005 in both the Huntsman and the Sidekick. Hope the additional information helps?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Busta,

Thanks for your help, regarding the Sidekick. Is it possible for you to have the Sidekick manual/s scanned into a PDF format and posted onto this thread, like Brewster did, so that I can get a copy?

OldSchoolRanger

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
OSR,

Sorry, I don't have the capability to put it in PDF. I am pretty sure the only real changes, are in the pics I posted of the loads. Hopefully somone else has the Sidekick Manual, and the software to do it.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
.45, .58 Cal and 12ga Hunstman Manual

Contributed by member Sprint, I'm just posting it for him. ;)

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, my first visit to this site. Looking for a manual for huntsman 12 gauge. . all of the links on these pages don't seem to exist (at least for my computer) all I get is- link not found-. CAN ANYONE HELP ME.

·
Super Moderator
50,973 Posts
Welcome! The attachments were lost in a server hard drive crash a few months ago, I've been replacing them when I find them or someone mentions it, they're good to go again. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quickdtoo and Spirit, thank you so much for posting that early 58 owners manual. That is what I have, a pre-o-ring, screw in breech early 58 model and I have been looking everywhere for the manual and load data (and trying to figure out what caps it might take). It was my Dad's. He has two breeches for it and a custom made wrench for it. I am not clear as to what the differenece is in the two breeches. The second one he had custom made. They both take the screw in nipple. I wonder if I can get a 209 nipple for it, since they are very plentiful, as opposed to trying to find #11 caps. I live here in Portland Oregon, and am the President out at the Estacada Rod and Gun club. I have his kit he has for it, with all kinds of goodies for it. But he gave away the roundball mold he had for it. So I'll have to get one that will size to .562. I think only Lymann makes it. Lee molds are all too small or too big for roundball, from the looks of things. Anyway, thank you thank you thank you!

Rodney

1 - 19 of 19 Posts