Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,913 Posts
See the .50 cal Huntsman manual in the Manuals sticky near top of the Huntsman forum.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’d also love to know this answer. Or I’d love to hear what powder, bullet combo’s that users find the best.

I do not think that the manual sticky can be seen from mobile. I’ve been looking for it for an hour with no luck.

Anyone who knows the answer and is willing to share it I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the pinned manuals finally. But the 50 cal ones do not load.

I’m looking to possibly use the pellets. I’m curious what others are using and the results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me clarify. I can load one single
Picture of the front of a manual. That’s it. You can’t see each page or what’s inside. I’m not sure what you’ve loaded up there but all I can see on mobile or my iPad is one single front page.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Not sure what your problem there is, but I was able to load the whole manual on my tablet just by clicking on the link and then scrolling down. All 20 pages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Must be a mobile formatting issue. I searched for hours trying to find and load a full manual with no luck.

Maybe someone could just capture the page for inquiring minds?

I’m pretty sure the post 2004 26” barrel sidekicks and huntsman’s can take 150gr of magnum loads and the 24” are rated for 100gr Standard. But I’d like to verify that.

I’m also trying to verify what models and years took a 5/8 and 7/8 breach plug. If anyone knows the answer to that I’d appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
50,913 Posts
Works fine for me, perhaps was corrupted in all the software changes that have happened since, does this one work?

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I would stick to a maximum of 100 grains. 2 50 grain triple 7 pellets should work fine. I use 90 grains of blackhorn 209 with the mu plug. The only downside I see to,pellets is there is very little way to adjust your powder charge to get the best accuracy. I like loose powder just for that reason

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I dont know maybe it is just me, but I woukd think it would be easier to just answer his question than spend a page debating on if a link works. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I dont know maybe it is just me, but I woukd think it would be easier to just answer his question than spend a page debating on if a link works. Just a thought.
I was waiting for this statement to be made.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
50,913 Posts
I got nothing that answers the questions, the Huntsman manual shows 100gr Max, nothing on pellets, magnum loads, or breech plug diameter. I've never shot my Huntsman barrel, our muzzleloader seasons suck here and the deer population in the area we've always hunted had a 99% winter kill 2yrs ago, so I don't expect there will be anything worth hunting for another 7-8yrs if it's like the last winter kill we had. FWIW the OP hasn't been online since the day he posted. Best recommendation is use the search for previous posts, both here and GBO Reloaded, I've been hoping Busta would chip in, his PB pics in the FAQs are busted like everyone else's. :tango_face_sad:

Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I'm glad the FAQs have been unlocked and very useful tool.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
I got nothing that answers the questions, the Huntsman manual shows 100gr Max, nothing on pellets, magnum loads, or breech plug diameter. I've never shot my Huntsman barrel, our muzzleloader seasons suck here and the deer population in the area we've always hunted had a 99% winter kill 2yrs ago, so I don't expect there will be anything worth hunting for another 7-8yrs if it's like the last winter kill we had. FWIW the OP hasn't been online since the day he posted. Best recommendation is use the search for previous posts, both here and GBO Reloaded, I've been hoping Busta would chip in, his PB pics in the FAQs are busted like everyone else's.

Tim
Tim.

I would chip in more, if l didn't have to jump through all the hoops to just post a simple reply. This new format sucks, bad!

Then you have a smart ass moderator and a few others that don't have a clue, promoting shooting smokeless powder out of Huntsman's and Sidekicks using the Metrics Unlimited Breech Plug. What could go wrong there??? Ask Dinny and Old School Ranger what loads are safe to shoot.

For the other guys in the thread, here is the old pics. Just make sure to read the red print. Disregard the .45 caliber information in the first pic, they never released the fast twist 1:20 NEF Huntsman .45 cal. Do not use that information for the old H&R .45 caliber Huntsman's from the 1970's.

The first pic is for the NEF Huntsman, 2002 revision.

The second pic is for my 2004 NEF Sidekick .50 caliber with 24" barrel with 7/8" breech plug. Same for my last model year 2008 H&R Sidekick .50 caliber with 26" barrel and 5/8" breech plug. They both use the same manual with the 2004 revision. Barrel length of 24" or 26", breech plug of 5/8" or 7/8" is all the same.

You can find the information that goes along with these pics in the stickies, I think.

This will probably be my last post here, one way or the other. Not the same place it used to be. Lots of good people here, but a few misguided one too.

Don't anyone ever shoot smokeless powder in a Huntsman or Sidekick with any breech plug including the Metrics Unlimited Breech Plug. The rifles and breech plugs were not designed for smokeless powder pressures, and were never condoned by H&R/NEF, Marlin, Remington, or Metrics Unlimited. PERIOD!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts