Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was gonna wait till further into winter before I even started this Construction project but I needed the case that the parts were stored in along with other Construction projects so this is just a test fit for the parts that I have for it now.
Wood Natural material Metal Office supplies Tool
Musical instrument Air gun Wood Shotgun Trigger
Door Wood Household hardware Wood stain Hardwood

This third picture is a slight modification that had to do to the Shikari forearm to fit to the Huntsman barrel. Got the forearm from Kurt. The frame came from wranglerdoug. Barrel and stock came from two different sellers on Ebay.

Further improvements planned are a brass kit from SEK_Hornet. A 209 conversion to eliminate the orange primer holders. Plan on stripping the furniture and staining a red similar to the color you find on the old T/C Hawken. Not sure about that one cause the more I look at it, the more I'm liking it the way that it is.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Looks good so far. Have you tried to fit the brass bbl band yet? I am curiuos. Kurt

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried it. The top arch fits really well with the barrel arch. It's slightly smaller than the forearm. I'm going to modify the forearm rather than the barrel band because I also purchased a sling ring that will act like a clamp to squeeze and help hold the band together on the forearm. Probably about 1/16 or 1/8 of wood to remove to make it work. My wood work is better than my metal work so I'm opting to go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts